Well we had a different xmas this year, thanks to the weatherman. Poor Jessica and her family were snowed in in SC while the rest of us were in Burt. It was a real bummer as I was so looking forward to having everyone home for the first time in almost a year and a half. We were glad that Renee/Ricky and Philip/Kelly beat the storm. We opened presents on the 24th during the day and Sarah/Greg and kids made it to their house without difficulty. We skyped with Jessica while we opened gifts, the guys rigged it so her picture showed up on our big tv. It really helped make her feel part of Xmas. Alaina couldn't figure it out tho and kept going to the tv to show Jessica her presents. Xmas day we didnot leave the house except for Rick and Joe moving snow and Rick doing chores. Philip and Joe played cribbage and Renee, Kelly and I put together a 1000 pc puzzle (Thomas Kincade), The guys did a 3 dimensional puzzle of the capitol building. We finished aboutg 11 pm that night!! it was a quiet day.
Sat. Sarah and family came for the day and Isabel and Alaina got to go outside and play for a while. Renee, Ricky, Greg and Rick took turns pulling them around on the sleds. They also got to climb some of our 'snow mountains' they had fun and got hot chocolate when they came back in. Alaina and Isabel stayed overnite on Sat nite (always a lot of fun!!)
I felt bad for Jessica though, I know she was looking forward to being here for Xmas too. Thank God for my sisters Paula and Marilyn!! (and their families) To brave the weather and bring your Christmas to her house WOW!!! I loved the picture you sent!! Thank you, thank you!!
Philip/Kelly left this AM to go back to Council Bluffs and Renee/Ricky will be leaving tomorrow. It will be quiet again at our house. Jessica is hoping to come home over New Years, I hope we can make it work. I still have a big pile of presents under my tree and I need to see those babies!!
I'm not posting any pics right now...I getting used to my new laptop. The kids gave us one for Xmas and I have wireless too!! I'm very excited. Renee got all my photos from our pc transferred to this computer but I have a lot of new ones too.
Hope everyone had Merry Christmas's!! Please post on the blog!!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.